Welcome to my Rich Life

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Did someone say California??

I have to admit I am completely smitten with the little City on the                 Ocean, Carpinteria.
 My heart beats faster as we hit Fillmore. The kids are screaming and cheering by the time we round Interstate 101 near Ventura. Then, it's all out sweet madness for a good 10 minutes as we follow the ocean and waves to our destination, Carpinteria State Park.  Our kids undress and redress in suits right in the car and parking lot, never to be seen again for hours. The Ocean consumes us for days. We sleep to the sound of it's roar at night. We wake early to roam the beach in the stillness of morning making sure to hit the tide pools. Daily bike rides are a must as well as nightly poker games and s'mores. I really do forget what day it is. It pure fun and relaxation. This was our tenth year to this special place. We make reservations in the cold of November for this site and it's so fun anticipating our fun. This was our funnest trip yet. The kids had access to 12 cousins, three aunts, four uncles and two grandparents. Spoiled!
 The view from our beach property
 Fearless Mr. E
 "Fish". I think she has gills. She only comes out to sleep.
Someday soon she will be a great life guard.
 Cruising to the "Spot". My favorite beach side restaurant for lunch.
The burger ranks number one for me!
 Best of friends.
 Cousins make life better.
Anna lost a tooth at the beach. The
tooth fairy remember her even at the beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment