Welcome to my Rich Life

Friday, October 8, 2010

An Apple Day Today...

This morning was cool enough to make apple pie. This really only happens once a year for me. While I was peeling the skins the saying "a BAD apple can ruin a whole bushel"came to my mind.  How many times have I been the bad apple and realized it and changed my behavior?
 The pie recipe I used took 1st place in a 4-H contest in the eighth grade. The smell in the house was wonderful. I made four for the freezer and three for our family. Ben loves apple pie. It is his favorite. The kids devoured a whole one after school and the third I handed off to a special friend.  The secret to good golden brown crust... is to put half&half on the top! Oh, do you think it's okay that I had my piece al mode for lunch?  Pie just might be what I want for dinner too!



1 comment:

  1. That looks super good!! I want a piecc too! I am glad that you got a blog now.

    ReplyDelete