Welcome to my Rich Life

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Feel The Magic?

I would like to share this poem with you.
Easton brought it home from Kindergarten.

What shall we give the children?
The Holiday is almost here.
Toys, and games and play things.
As we do every year?
Yes, for the magic of toy land
is part of the Holiday lore.
to gladden the heart of childhood
But...I shall give much more
I shall give them more patience
A more sympathetic ear
A little more time for laughter.
Or tenderly dry a tear.
I shall take time to teach them
the joy of doing some task.
I'll try to find time to answer
More of the questions they ask.
Time to read books together
and take walks in the sun
time for a bedtime story
After the day is done
I shall give these to my children
Weaving a closer tie,
knitting our lives together
With gifts money can't buy.
Author Unknown

Please join me this year in giving
gifts that will bind us closer to our children
tighter as a family.

What family traditions "Knit" your family together?
Some of Our favorites are:
Hunting for the fresh christmas Tree
Secret Sibling Gift Giving
Chinese Food on Christmas Eve in PJ at Happy Dragon
Hot Cocoa and Christmas Light Drive
Setting up our Creche of baby Jesus, Mary and Joseph
(everyone placing a piece and telling what gift they will give to Jesus this season)



1 comment:

  1. what a sweet little poem. the message is good and true - thanks for sharing.

    we love traditions here, too. we make and decorate gingerbread houses on ben's birthday (20th), we sleep under the tree one night, we also go hunting for our christmas tree. it's the things we do together that i think our family will truly treasure and remember.

    i love your blog michelle.

    ReplyDelete