Welcome to my Rich Life

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Playing Hookie

 I think Chicago is more beautiful than
New York.
 Does anyone else agree?
Playing hookie for this trip got off to a rough start.
(The flight was SUPER bumpy)
We were de-iced in St. Paul and were delayed
 for an hour and a half.
But once we arrived at our classy hotel,
 Park Place Hyatt
on the magnificent mile all travel blues were erased.
We went to Gino's East for Deep Dish pizza.
We also got to enjoy a few laughs with Jim Gaffigan. 
He finds parenting comical just like we do. 
The original Chicago
Theatre is a beauty to behold.
Yes, I threw back a zantac before bed.



 The architecture in Chicago was a photographers paradise.
I was taken by the detail and design of the Wrigley Building.

 And, yes Chicago is for all you foodies too.
I found cupcake heaven.
Magnolia's Bakery.
 I already have emailed headquarters to discuss
bring one to Kansas City. I had the devils food cake cupcake.
It was chocolate bliss.

 The Big Bean
Truly an artistic marvel. The day was perfect for photos.


The Navy Pier, Chicago.
Beautiful.
The ferris wheel was 15 stories high and a little windy.
Lunch at RIVA's was a favorite for me.
The asian shrimp salad was so good. 

 My Favorite Stop: The Sky Deck at the top of Willis Tower
The second tallest building in the world with a view. 
It was so amazing to look out over Illinois for miles.
 Stepping out onto the glass room that over hung the side of the building was
a little toe tingling.

Those are my Danskos.
 Can you see how small the cars and people are?
Total overall grade: A
Go see Chicago. (Maybe not in April)
Take a scarf and your Dansko shoes.
Happy Travels to all of you.
Sweet Madness

No comments:

Post a Comment